The Technology & Building Systems Engineer will be responsible for maintenance and support of office and building technology systems. This includes desktop and server support for office users as well as building systems including access control, parking access, energy management, elevators, alarms, cameras, smart meters, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities –
- Provide assistance to end users in overall computer and network usage
- Utilize work order system to track and document support operations
- Process requests for adds/moves/changes to property access control systems
- Building networked systems management and maintenance. This includes:
- Video Surveillance
- Access Control
- HVAC/Energy Management
- Digital Signage
- Creation and maintenance of systems documentation
Required Skills and Qualifications –
- Broad knowledge of PC hardware, software, peripherals, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Operating systems and applications including Windows 10, Windows Server, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong administration skills – organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and resolve issues both locally and remote
- Excellent verbal and written communication sills and an ability to communicate al all levels
Preferred Skills and Qualifications –
- Administration of Access Control Systems. Lenel On-Guard preferred.
- Understanding of networking and network hardware. Cisco and/or Ubiquiti preferred
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory including user account management
- Basic knowledge of building systems including HVAC, Elevator, Fire Systems, etc.
- Experience with the installation, integration and configuration of technology systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Associate Degree with courses in computer or network technology, specific technical training, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft, Cisco or other domain specific certifications are preferred